Engender is a membership organisation, both for individuals and organisations.
I want to join as an individual
All feminist women are welcome to join Engender, there is an annual membership cost for those who are able to pay, and free membership for anyone who needs it.
Individual members of Engender get:
- Friday Feminist Five. Every Friday a summary of the most important stories, events, and information of the week will land in your inbox.
- Preview copies of our research reports and lobbying documents.
- Invitations to Engender’s members-only discussion events and training.
- Priority booking for our free public events
- Discounts on our (occasional) ticketed events
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting
Membership costs £20 a year, or £5 for students (just put 'student' in the discount code box, and enter your graduation date – we’ll contact you once you’ve graduated to see if you are in a position to increase your membership payment).
We want all women to be members of Engender regardless of circumstances, so if you can’t pay, just drop us an email at email@example.com and we'll give you a discount code for free membership. There’s no need to tell us why you need the code, we just need to hear from you so we can activate your membership.
If you are in a position to make an additional monthly payment to Engender to support our work, we’d love to invite you to become a Friend of Engender. Friends of Engender donate £5 or more a month, instead of an annual fee.
I want to join as an organisation or group
We welcome women’s organisations, based in Scotland, who share our values to join us. We offer organisational membership to women’s organisations and organisations with women’s section, departments, or units, as well as women only organisations, campaign groups, and societies, and affiliate membership to organisations which don’t work specifically on women’s issues, but support our aims and align with our broader values.
Organisational membership is only open to organisations who are corporate bodies, but these groups can still be listed on our website and nominate a named representative. You can find more information on what happens when your organisation applies for membership or listing here.
Organisational and Affiliate members of Engender:
- Receive a monthly newsletter of key policy changes and reports
- Be included in our membership directory on our website
- Advertise feminist and gender equality events on Engender’s site
- Circulate details of gender-focused research projects, events and opportunities to Engender’s members
- Use Engender’s office space for meetings in Edinburgh, subject to availability
- Receive a 10% discount on Engender’s consultancy and training services
All organisational and affiliate membership applications are approved by the Engender Board of Directors at meetings which take place five times a year.
- Organisations with income under £5,000 per year – free
- Organisations with income between £5,001 and £100,000 - £25
- Organisations with income over £100,000 - £50
- Organisations with income over £1,000,000 - £150
Please contact Engender if you are not sure whether or not you are eligible, or to discuss fees.
Sign up to our mailing list
Receive key feminist updates direct to your inbox: