What are your plans for women and children?
This General Election, ask your candidates what their plans are for women
We know that women, children and young people have been disproportionately
impacted on by
recent changes to public spending. What
happens at Westminster hugely affects us all. We'd like your support in
asking candidates how they will protect and support women and children
from discrimination, poverty and harm.
with Scottish Women's Aid, Close the Gap, Rape Crisis Scotland, Scottish Refugee
Council, Scottish Women’s Convention, Dr Sonali Shah of Strathclyde
Centre for Disability Research, White Ribbon Scotland and Zero Tolerance
we're asking: what are your plans for women and children?
Ask your candidates:
- What are your plans to protect vital specialist services for women, children and
young people experiencing domestic abuse, rape, FGM, so called honour violence and forced marriage?
- What are your plans to tackle sexist media imagery of women?
- What are your plans to support the fair representation of women in politics, business,
- What are your plans in regards to a living wage?
- What are your plans for taking gender into consideration when making economic decisions?
- What are your plans for ensuring reproductive rights for women are secure?
- What are your plans to tackle child poverty?
- What are your plans in regards to women and children who face multiple discrimination,
such as disabled and refugee women and children who have been affected by changes to the welfare system?
- What are your plans around high child care costs?
- What are your plans in regards to supporting asylum seeking women in order to reduce
destitution, poverty and isolation?
- What are your plans in regards to relieving poverty experienced by older women?
You can tweet your candidates, email them or write to them using our template
Let us know what you hear back!
Posted on March 19 2015 at 21:39
Share this post on …