We know that ‘work’ is much more than just what we get paid for, and work done by women is often undervalued and invisible. We would like to show all the different kinds of work done by women every day. To take part in this project, we would like you to take photos or record short video clips throughout your day showing the different things you are doing.
- You pick a day to take photos/record videos. It should be before the 1st March, and should be a ‘typical’ day – it’s very tempting to pick a day when you are doing something exciting or unusual, but we’d much rather a day which represents your normal routine.
- Take at least 10 photos or short video clips throughout the day and record the times you take the photos. If you have a smart phone, you can use that to take your photos/videos, but if you don’t we can send you a digital camera and instructions for using it.
- Write short captions for the photos/clips. We can give you help with this if you need.
- Send us the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th March at the latest.If you are sending videos, the easiest way is to use wetransfer.com.
- The photos and videos will be complied into a blog or video by us, and shared on International Women’s Day.
- For your participation, you will receive £50, either via an invoice and bank transfer, or in the form of a voucher of your choice.
It is totally fine for the photos/clips to be anonymous if you would like. We also understand you might not want other people to be identifiable, and you don’t have to include people in your photos/clips, or we can blur out their faces for you if that is easier.If you'd like to take part in this project and record your day for us in please fill in this short form, and return it to email@example.com by 21st February. If you'd like to know any more about the project please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Making Work Visible 2019' in the subject line, or call us on 0131 558 9596.
We are always looking for new voices on our blog.
Please send us your blogs and we can offer editing advice, and we also have some opportunities for paid contributions.