Join Engender's board of directors
Engender’s board is responsible for the organisation’s strategic direction and governance. Board members are elected every year at our Annual General Meeting in November. You can find out about current board members here.
Currently recruiting board members
Engender is currently seeking board members, to be elected at our Annual General Meeting on November 14th 2020. The process for applying to be on the board is as follows:
- Any Engender member is eligible to be a candidate to the board. You must have joined Engender at the time of sending in your nomination form, but there is no other qualifying period. If you are unsure whether you are an Engender member please contact the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most members of Engender's board are self-nominated. If you would like to nominate somebody else to be a board member, you can contact the Engender office who will then contact person you have recommended to see if they want to proceed with the nomination.
- Candidates for the board of directors must complete this form by midnight on Sunday 1st November.
- Thereafter, candidates’ personal statements will be compiled and circulated to members.
- Candidates will be elected as directors of Engender’s board by a ballot, held online. All members will be given the opportunity to vote at the AGM, or by voting online in advance.
- Nominees with the most votes, provided that they each also attract votes equal to 50 per cent plus one of the available votes, will be elected.
- Following the AGM, the newly elected Engender board will elect office bearers, and the board will meet 5 times throughout the year, alternating between remote meetings and meetings in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
If you have any questions about what is involved in being a board member of Engender, or want to discuss your nomination, please contact the Engender office.
If you are interested in finding out more about being on Engender's board (or the board of any women's organisation), we are running our popular 'Be on a Feminist Board' event as a webinar for anyone who would like to find out more about feminist governance. The webinar will be hosted on Zoom at 12.15pm on 27th October (sign up here), and will be repeated on 28th October in the evening at 7pm (sign up here).