Join Engender in participating in One Billion Rising!
Come dance with us outside the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh on 14 February at 1 pm!
“If you take into account the statistic that 1 out of 3 women will experience violence in her lifetime, you are left with the staggering statistic that over 1 billion women on this planet will be impacted by violence. On V-Day’s 15th Anniversary, 2.14.13, we are inviting ONE BILLION women and those who love them to WALK OUT, DANCE, RISE UP, and DEMAND an end to this violence. V-Day wants the world to see our collective strength, our numbers, our solidarity across borders.”
- V-Day: http://www.vday.org/home
ONE BILLION RISING IS:
- A global strike
- An invitation to dance
- A call to men and women to refuse to participate in the status quo until rape and rape culture ends
- An act of solidarity, demonstrating to women the commonality of their struggles and their power in numbers
- A refusal to accept violence against women and girls as a given
- A new time and a new way of being
More information: http://onebillionrising.org/